Free “Money Smart” Educational Workshops every Saturday until June 16th @ The Front Porch Café from 1:30pm-3pm
Posted on April 25, 2018
FDIC MONEY SMART PROGRAM
Hosted by Akron Leadership Foundation, these workshops aim to help low and moderate income individuals enhance their money management skills, understand basic mainstream financial services, avoid financial pitfalls and build financial confidence to using banking services effectively.
SATURDAYS, MARCH 31ST – JUNE 16TH
1:30PM – 3:00PM
The Front Porch Café
2nd Floor Conference Room
798 Grant St., Akron
WORKSHOPS RUN MARCH 31ST – JUNE 16TH
– “Bank On It”: an introduction to bank services.
– “Borrowing Basics”: an introduction to credit.
– “Check It Out”: how to choose and keep a checking account.
– “Money Matters”: how to keep track of money.
– “Pay Yourself First”: benefits to saving.
– “Financial Recovery”: how to recover financially and rebuild credit after a financial setback.
– “Keep It Safe”: rights as a consumer.
– “To Your Credit”: how an individual’s credit history will affect his/her credit future.
– “Charge It Right”: how to make a credit card work for the individual.
– “Loan to Own”: information on loan borrowing before buying a home.
– “Your Own Home”: information on home ownership.