South Street Ministries has an open position for a qualified, experienced chef at the Front Porch Café
Posted on October 16, 2017
SOUTH STREET MINISTRIES IS HIRING
A CHEF AT THE FRONT PORCH CAFE
The Front Porch Café is a social enterprise of South Street Ministries that exists to bring people from different backgrounds together and to provide developmental services for individuals in the recovery, reentry, and at-risk communities.
CHEF HOURS 6:30AM – 3:30PM
MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
CHEF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assist and support the café staff in preparing meals.
– Perform all duties associated with operating a café including but not limited to inventory, preparation, opening procedures, cooking, storage, cleaning, customer interaction, staff interaction, and closing procedures.
– Engage in non-profit related services, fundraisers, ethic, and interactions with donors, neighbors, partners, organizations, constituents, clients, and others connected to or learning about South Street Ministries.
– Must possess strong knowledge of standard food preparation and storage techniques.
– Level 1 Certification in Food Protection or higher is a plus.
– Must be self- motivated, organized, and responsible and be competent in restaurant administration.
– Must be able to lift equipment, boxes, dishes, and other heavy items.
– Must demonstrate a proficiency in math as related to recipes, pricing and catering.
– Highly valued skill sets are knowledge of Cost of Goods reporting, catering experience, and understanding of urban area.
– Prefer applicants with some knowledge and/or service experience within environments connected to recovery, reentry, employment services, and/or community development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resume, letters of recommendation and cover letter
with reason for applying for the position to
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail to South Street Ministries, 130 W. South St., Akron, OH 44311.